No items found.
Auroville Institute of Applied Technology
AIAT is an authorized learning centre of the renown Sikkim Manipal University (SMU-DE)
Auroville Institute of Applied Technology (AIAT), recognized by state and central Government of India, is a not-for-profit Industrial Training Centre, providing high quality vocational education to enhance employability of rural youth from economically backward families.
AIAT was setup with the help of the German Government (aid in 2004 and 2009) and VFVAR (an organization of private donors) in Germany by AIAT a unit of Auroville Village Action Trust, an NGO under the Auroville Foundation dedicated to the development of the rural area.
AIAT distinguishes itself from other similar Institutes in Tamil Nadu and in India in terms of quality of education, innovative training, holistic approach and management. Our training is practice oriented. We apply technology.
Students learn by experiencing technology in intensive practical projects and group work.
- Management Courses:
- B.B.A : Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.Com (IS) : Bachelor of Commerce in Information System
- MBA : MBA in 15 Specializations
- Information Technology Courses:
- B.Sc (IT) : Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- BCA : Bachelor of Computer Applications
- DIT : Diploma in Information Technology
Located in the village of Irumbai on Thiruchitambalam Koot Road (Vanur Block, Dist. Villupuram) the institute has currently following training facilities:
- Hardware & Networking: Lab & Classroom equipped with all needed equipments incl. additionaly four computers in Client Server mode. The Server is running under Linux and Window 2003 OS.
- Banking, Accounting, Business & commerce: Typewriter room, class rooms, LCD Projector available when needed.
- Computer Lab: Independent of Hardware Lab: 32 PC with Vista and one Server with Windows 2003, all Software for Office Package, DTP, 3D Animation, AutoCAD, Tally, Internet, Uninterrupted power supply through UPS, AC.
- Software: Class room with PC and LCD projector,
- Soft skills: one Language Lab with three computers for Languages, one Hall for Yoga, one general purpose hall for workshops, Playground for Volleyball and Badminton,
- Kitchen: AquaDyn for purified drinking water.
- Staff room: equipped computers and Internet
- Electronic: Lab and class room according to specifications for NCVT-trade of Electronics-Mechanic.
- Electric/ Home appliances: Lab with all necessary equipment for basic electric and Home appliances, another Lab with our Cooperation Partner GT-Electronics for transformer winding.
- Construction: Lab and Classroom as required for NCVT trade of Civil Draughtsmanship.