Sri Ganesh College of Engineering & Technology
Affiliated to Pondicherry University
Sri Ganesh College of Engineering & Technology is the first technical institution in Engineering and Technology that was started in the year 2009 at Keelparikalpet, Mullodai, Bahoor Commune by Sri Ganesh Educational Trust, Puducherry. The college is approved by AICTE vide File No.07/08/PON/E&T/2009/2 Dt.22.06.2009 and envisaged to be affiliated to Pondicherry University.
The college campus is situated at Mullodai which is about 19 km from the Railway Station and 18 km from Pondicherry Main Bus Stand. It is about 190 km south of Chennai (Madras) on the shores of Bay of Bengal. The campus is well connected by town buses and routes buses plying between Pondicherry and Cuddalore/Chidambaram/Karaikal/ Nagapattinam. The campus is adjacent to Mullodai Bus Stop.
UG Courses: B.Tech (4 Years)
- B.Tech – ECE (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech – EEE (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech – CSE (Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.Tech – IT (Information Technology)
- B.Tech – Mech. (Mechanical Engineering)
Eligibility for Under Graduate Courses (B.Tech)
- A pass in HSc / Pre-degree with a minimum of 40% in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- A pass in H.Sc (Vocational stream) with a minimum 40% marks in Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry as one of the main subjects.
- A pass in H.Sc Academic / Vocational for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with a maximum of TWO attempts for General and THREE for SC/ST.
- Candidates may also seek admission with marks scored in the FIRST improvement examination.
- The upper age limit is 21 years ( relaxable by THREE years for SC/ST candidates).
- Entrance Examination Candidates should have written the Common Entrance Test conducted by CENTAC (or) AIEEE (or) CETPPEC Registered Association Examination of Self- Financing Engineering Colleges in Pondicherry.
- For direct admission to Second Year B.Tech (Lateral Entry) 60% marks in aggregate in the SECOND & THIRD YEAR (from third semester to sixth semester) diploma courses.
- The upper age limit is 24 years (relaxable by THREE years for SC/ST candidates.